The public consultation on how Ireland’s development cooperation can contribute towards meeting the ambitious objectives of new international development policies, including the 2030 Agenda Sustainable Development Goals agreed by the United Nations in 2015, was launched on July 12th 2018 by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Irish Aid.
The consultation is structured around the four questions set out in the consultation paper.
- What elements of Ireland’s international development experience should the new policy reflect?
- What are the implications of the changing global context for Ireland’s international development cooperation and humanitarian action?
- Do the proposed priorities respond to the changing context and contribute to the achievement of our vision of a more equal, peaceful, sustainable world?
- How can we improve delivery of Ireland’s international development cooperation and humanitarian action?
Key public consultation documents and reference points:
- Ireland’s New International Development Policy – public consultation paper (white paper) by Irish Aid
- Submission guidelines
- One World, One Future: Ireland’s 2013 Policy for International Development by Irish Aid
- The Global Island: Ireland’s Foreign Policy for a Changing World by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Global Ireland: Ireland’s Global Footprint to 2025 by the Department of the Taoiseach
Submission date: August 30, 2018
Page length: 8 pages
Download: 80:20’s submission to the White Paper consultation (PDF)