Adult education tutors!
Join us at the 2019 National Forum for Adult Literacy Tutors organisd by NALA, which will focus on the process of transformation from different perspectives – the learner and the tutor. It will look at how this transformation can be analyzed and supported and how it can bring positive change to both learners and tutors.
Tony Daly (80:20) and Helen Ryan (NALA) will be contributing to the Forum through workshops, Beyond the click: Challenging fake news in the learning environment, based on the educator’s toolkit.
Photo: a 2014 ad campaign run by the Government of Australia anti-immigration poster which was supposed to counter people smuggling. (this was poster was included in #BeyondTheClick: an educator’s toolkit for exploring global digital citizenship).
Event Location: IDEA Office, 6 Gardiner Row, Dublin 1.
Join us for Getting beyond the click – a workshop on tackling fake news through human rights education, Wednesday, 29 August 2018, 11.00am-1.00pm, in the IDEA Office.
The session will be led by Tony Daly, co-author of #BeyondTheClick: a teaching toolkit for global digital citizenship, and co-ordinator of 80:20 Educating and Acting for a Better World.
The 2-hour workshop will include:
- Introducing #BeyondTheClick – highlights for educators from Development Education and human rights education perspectives
- Testing subject-specific connections to issues such as i) sources of information; ii) what makes information reliable; iii) engaging in digital communities; iv) the internet as a marketplace of ideas and advertising, of ideas, interests and worldviews, and where we fit in
- Practical hands-on learning scenarios with a focus on building strong digital communities for change
- Linking to the Sustainable Development Goals, human rights education and agendas for activism
- Applied curriculum linking, including to Politics and Society, junior cycle statements of learning, Brighter Outcomes, Brighter Futures and more.
Workshop participants will also avail of a free poster from the toolkit based on The 10 Elements of Global Digital Citizenship drawn out of the toolkit.
To register contact email@example.com or visit the IDEA website.
More information about #BeyondTheClick is available on the project page.